NAHS National Student Conference
Frequently Asked Questions
SCHEDULE AND EVENT:
- What is the schedule for the 2024 NAHS National Student Conference?
- The 2024 NAHS National Student Conference will take place on Thursday, April 4, from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Download the full schedule and session descriptions here.
- What will be on the agenda?
- The 2024 NAHS National Student Conference will include a keynote presentation, hands-on workshops, interactive learning sessions with artists, portfolio review, and time to explore the exhibit hall. Students will connect with their creative peers, exchange ideas, and share their passion for the arts. Download the full schedule and session descriptions here.
- How will students select workshop sessions?
- More information on how students will select workshop sessions will be made available when registration opens in early December.
- Are any meals included?
- Yes. Lunch will be provided.
- How many students will be attending?
- The 2024 NAHS Conference will have a 100-student capacity.
What are the registration fees?
- $59 per student for students that are not currently part of an active NAHS chapter.
- $54 per student for students that are currently part of an active NAHS chapter.
*All students must be registered by an educator who has an active NAEA membership and is a sponsor of a registered NAHS chapter. To activate your membership, click here.
What is included in registration?
- If you are registering students who are not currently part of a registered NAHS chapter, this registration fee will include registration for the 2024 NAHS Conference, as well as chapter membership for the 2023–2024 school year. The conference registration covers all programming, as well as lunch. It also includes workshop materials and SWAG.
- If you are registering students who are part of an active NAHS chapter, their fee covers their 2024 NAHS Conference registration. The conference registration covers all programming, as well as lunch. It also includes workshop materials and SWAG.
Can students register for the 2024 NAHS National Student Conference directly?
- No. At this time, students cannot register for the conference directly. An educator with an active NAEA membership must register one or more students.
Do students have to be NAHS members to attend the conference?
- Yes, students must be members of a registered NAHS chapter at the time of conference registration. If you are attempting to register for the 2024 NAHS Conference and do not currently have an active chapter, you can activate your chapter as part of the conference registration process.
How many students can I bring?
- There is no limit on the number of students you may bring. However, there is a 100-student capacity for the conference.
Who do I contact if I need help registering?
- You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-299-8321 (Monday–Friday, 8:15 am–4:30 pm ET).
When does registration open?
- Registration will open on Friday, December 8, for Minnesota and Wisconsin students. Registration for all other members will open on Monday, January 8, 2024.
When does registration close?
- Registration will close on Friday, March 1, 2024 or when we reach capacity at 100 students.
Can I change the names of our registrants if someone can’t make it?
- Yes! You can change the names anytime before March 22, 2024. To do this, contact email@example.com with details.
Do students need to be in high school?
- Yes, all students must be NAHS high school students.
LOCATION AND TRANSPORTATION:
- Where will the 2024 NAHS National Student Conference be held?
- The 2024 NAHS National Student Conference will take place at the Minneapolis Convention Center: 1301 2nd Ave. S, Minneapolis, MN 55404. The check-in location will be shared with registrants closer to the event date.
- What are the drop-off/pickup locations for transportation?
- For your convenience, drop-off and pickup locations—including accessibility, bus, Lyft, Uber, and public transportation—will be located in front of the building on 2nd Avenue South. See the map and find more specific directions here.
- How should students and sponsors dress for the conference?
- School attire is appropriate. This includes casual pants, jeans, sweatshirts, and T-shirts.
- Do students need to bring anything to the 2024 NAHS National Student Conference?
- All registered NAHS students will be provided with workshop materials and lunch. We recommend students bring a water bottle and cash to purchase incidentals beyond lunch. Students attending the afternoon Portfolio Review must bring a device with digital examples of their artwork in a PowerPoint format for review and feedback.
- Do sponsors need to chaperone students during the event?
- It is preferred that NAHS sponsors chaperone their students during the 2024 NAHS Conference. However, sponsors registered to attend the 2024 NAEA National Convention can drop students off while attending sessions. NAEA will provide chaperones for NAHS students during the event. Teachers may chaperone and spend the day with their students at no additional cost. Lunch will be provided for NAHS sponsors who chaperone their students. By registering students for this event, you agree to follow your school’s field trip, student code of conduct policies, and media release procedures.
- What if I want to attend the 2024 NAEA National Convention?
- Can nonsponsors and parents chaperone the NAHS National Student Conference?
- No, only the NAHS sponsor can chaperone the event.
- What must NAHS sponsors do to prepare for the NAHS National Student Conference?
- NAHS sponsors who chaperone the NAHS National Student Conference do not need to preselect workshops; they can attend whichever workshops their students attend. Sponsors will also be provided a T-shirt, and lunch will be provided for free.