Become a Member of the National Art Education Association
The National Art Education Association (NAEA) is a vibrant professional community for visual arts education professionals. K-12 art educators and administrators; college and university professors; preservice students studying art education; researchers and scholars; museum educators; teaching artists and others interested in art education ensure a vibrant community of art educators committed to professional excellence. Created by members for members, the NAEA community shapes the field of art education – bring your voice to the community!
EXISTING MEMBER? RENEW HERE
NEW MEMBER? START BELOW
Become a NEW Member in 6 Easy Ways:
Online: Start by selecting your state below
Telephone: We accept VISA, MasterCard, and American Express, which can be conveniently paid over the phone by calling NAEA Member Services at (800) 299-8321
(M-F, 8:15 – 4:30 ET).
Fax: Print, complete, and fax the Membership Form to: (703) 860-2960
Mail: Print, complete, and mail the Membership Form to: NAEA Member Services,
901 Prince Street, Alexandria, VA 22314-3008
E-mail: Print, complete, and e-mail the Membership Form to members[at]arteducators.org
Artsonia: Join/Renew using your Artsonia fundraising
The Value of Membership
Become part of the largest professional organization established by visual arts educators for visual arts educators!
Join NAEA members and connect to the latest knowledge, research and opportunities that enlighten and inform visual arts education professionals.
Receive printed publications delivered to your door; access to a growing collection of digital media resources, including webinars and lesson plans; opportunities to learn and share with colleagues spanning the globe—virtually and in person; exclusive discounts; eligibility for grants to support your teaching practice; national recognition awards and more!
“I became a member in 2001. Since then I have learned and grown as an art educator, brought varied learning to my students, and, not least, I had the opportunity to do my Master’s degree in Art Education. I learned about the course at the NAEA National Convention. I have also been fortunate to present several times at the Convention…I’m grateful to be a member of such an organization that is truly dedicated to making Art and Art Educators Matter.”
—Anita Bhatty, Balboa Academy, Miami, FL
What are the Visual Arts?
Visual Arts, as defined by the National Art Education Association, include the traditional fine arts such as drawing, painting, printmaking, photography, and sculpture; media arts including film, graphic communications, animation, and emerging technologies; architectural, environmental, and industrial arts such as urban, interior, product, and landscape design; folk arts; and works of art such as ceramics, fibers, jewelry, works in wood, paper, and other materials.
NAEA staff and members work to support professional growth, change, and leadership through:
- Networking and collaborating
- Participating in art education conferences
- Developing and disseminating exemplary resources on art education
- Building a professional community by contributing our time and talents to others
- Valuing our diversity and committing ourselves to equity
Connect with your peers
Connect with your peers through an active network of art educators committed to collaboration that supports professional growth, change, and leadership through: mentoring; participating in art education conferences; developing and disseminating exemplary resources on art education; building a professional community by contributing time and talents to others; and valuing our diversity and committing ourselves to equity.
NAEA Virtual Art Educators
NAEA Virtual Art Educators is where you can access premier professional learning opportunities from anywhere in the world. Choose from a growing number of live and archived webinars, sessions, workshops, and more to create your ideal experience. Be informed and inspired by colleagues, artists, and experts offering 100% art education content that can be used immediately to enhance teaching and learning. Design your own professional learning experience today!
The benefits of membership include:
- Full access to exclusive members-only content on the NAEA website
- Subscriptions to Art Education journal and NAEA News—NAEA’s premiere bi-monthly publications
- Access to outstanding lessons, peer-reviewed for quality, relevance, and rigor through the Instructional Resources Gallery
- Access to timely resources including the new National Visual Arts Standards that support teaching and learning
- FREE Online Professional Learning Opportunities – gain free registration for NAEA’s monthly webinar series. Access premier professional learning opportunities from anywhere in the world. Choose from a growing number of live and archived webinars, sessions, workshops, and more to create your ideal experience. Be informed and inspired by colleagues, artists, and experts offering programming that is 100% art education content that can be applied immediately to teaching and learning.
- Discounts on NAEA National Convention registration fees and other professional learning events
- Discounts on premiere publications and advocacy merchandise in NAEA’s Online Store
- Connect with colleagues through the Member Directory
- Showcase your art through a complimentary personalized e-Portfolio powered by Digication or NAEA’s Member Exhibitions
- Eligibility for prestigious national awards and grants opportunities
- Eligibility to establish a National Art Honor Society in your middle or secondary school
- Discounts on a variety of insurance programs including Professional Liability Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Health Insurance, Auto & Home Insurance, and Additional Plans & Benefits. Visit the Forrest T. Jones & Company website.