Art Education Technology (AET)
January 14, 2016
Art Education Technology (AET) is an interest group of the National Art Education Association. Our mission is to encourage and exchange knowledge and ideas related to new media technologies in the making of visual art, art teaching, and research in art education. We meet and hold events during each NAEA National Convention to create opportunities for networking with other art education professionals.
Become an AET Member
Members are currently charged $10.00 per year. Students are free. Please login and click on “Join an NAEA Interest Group”.
AET Member Benefits
- Shape the direction and provide ideas for AET in the area of art education and technology
- Participate in the AET annual forum in order to present works that relate to the goals of AET.
- Opportunity to receive the annual AET Award(s) in the areas of (a) research, (b) teaching and © community service. Receiving any one of these awards acknowledges your contribution to art education and technology.
- Participate in all AET events and have the opportunity to become AET officers.
- Be invited to write the AET column for the NAEA newsletters in order to share ideas and reach an international community,
- Opportunity to network with other art education professionals who share similar goals with your own.
- AET Outstanding Community Service Award
- AET Outstanding Research Award
- AET Outstanding Teaching Award
Nomination deadline is December 15 (date is subject to change).
Send the nomination form and application documents to AET Awards Committee Chair at AETAWARDS@gmail.com by the deadline. The nominee must be a current member of the National Art Education Association (NAEA) and a member of the Art Education Technology (AET). The current Executive Board of the NAEA Art Education Technology may not be nominated.
AET Chair, Chief Education Officer, Pylstone
Chair (Term: 2018-2020)
Ryan M. Patton
AET Treasurer/Membership, Assistant Professor Department of Art Education, Virginia Commonwealth University