2021 NAEA Nominating Committee
Application Deadline: June 1, 2021
April 26, 2021
Call for Members to Serve on the 2021 NAEA Nominating Committee
Help chart NAEA’s future by applying to serve on the 2021 NAEA Nominating Committee.
The NAEA Board of Directors guides the association forward on behalf of NAEA’s members and their learners. The Nominating Committee carefully and collectively reviews all nominees for the NAEA Board of Directors to select candidates for each upcoming elected position. NAEA members then vote in an annual election.
In odd numbered years, a Nominating Committee composed of one representative from each Region shall be formed. The NAEA Board will ratify the Committee and designate the Chair. The committee shall prepare a slate of two candidates for each Vice President-Elect position. Each candidate shall have served in the Delegates Assembly.
A Nominating Committee Member must:
- be a current member of NAEA,
- possess a reasonable knowledge of the workings and structure of a board of directors,
- have the ability to confidently and clearly express their opinion regarding potential candidates,
- be willing to consider others’ opinions regarding potential candidates,
- possess a clear understanding of why they would like to serve on this committee, as well as what they would bring to the Nominating Committee, and
- support NAEA’s Mission along with its goals relating to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion.
If you plan to submit your nomination for one the elected positions, please do not apply to be on the Nominating Committee.
Click here to apply.
Application deadline: Tuesday, June 1, 2021
Terms of Service
In late August, committee members will be sent all nomination submissions and scoring criteria to guide the review process, and instructions for ranking all nominees to identify the most qualified candidates to appear on the ballot. Nominating Committee work will be conducted via email between September 1 and October 6. Additionally, a Zoom meeting led by the Nominating Committee Chair will be held in October to discuss and finalize the slate of candidates for the ballot.
Please contact Kathy Duse, NAEA Convention and Programs Manager: email@example.com