Middle Level Division
Learn about the Middle Level Division
September 5, 2017
Latest Division News
THE OPPORTUNITY OF OBSTACLES
Part 1: Naming the Game
Over the course of the coming school year, we will investigate the notion of Obstacles and the Opportunities they present. This five-part series will explore various aspects of our profession, identify potential complications, and develop strategies to enact effective solutions. We aim to share experiences and voices from across the Division, in order to grow our collective classroom practice.
Before we begin, it is important to establish a common foundation for our work, specifically in defining our own understanding of Creativity. I start here, because it can be a prickly term, a misunderstanding waiting to happen. I wonder how many obstacles can be traced to uninformed assumptions about how creativity works, or what it looks like. I encounter it with colleagues, families, and my students. Some liken it to magic or genetic disposition. Others struggle to see its value. And some lucky few see it as a skill to be honed and nurtured.
Connect with Our Online Community
Our division members have cultivated a vibrant social media network, with many platforms to choose from.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/naea.middlelevel
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/NAEAMiddleLevel (@naeamiddlelevel)
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/naeamiddlelevel (@naeamiddlelevel)
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/naeamiddlelevel0039/boards/
Each month, our division publishes an online digest of the latest happenings and opportunities from across NAEA.
National Junior Art Honor Society (NJAHS)
If you’re interested in establishing a chapter at your own school, NAEA has all you need to get started HERE.
- Peter Curran, Division Director, Peter_curran@wayland.k12.ma.us
- Kathryn Rulien-Bareis, Division Director-Elect, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eastern Region: Leslie Flowers, email@example.com
- Southeastern Region: Holly Bess Kincaid, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Western Region: Michael Orlando, email@example.com
- Pacific Region: Tamara Green, firstname.lastname@example.org
NJAHS National Council Member
Marisa Pappas, mpappas@FCPS1.ORG
Middle Level Research Commissioner
Jacqueline McElhany, email@example.com
Middle Level Division Director (Term: 2017-2019)
Visual Art Educator, Grades 6-8
Board of Directors