Translations was first introduced as an NAEA publication in 1991 to bridge research and practice, and to assist all visual arts educators in understanding the importance and applicability of research in the field of art education.
In an effort to reenergize Translations and enhance its value as a member benefit, the Professional Learning through Research (PLR) Working Group of the NAEA Research Commission has assumed editorial responsibilities for this peer-reviewed publication. Find out more here.
Each issue of Translations will explore one of these NAEA Research Agenda content areas: Social Justice, Emerging Technology, Assessment + Evaluation, Demographic Data, and New Ideas/Directions.
Professional Learning through Research (PLR) Working Group Translations Commitee: Christina Bain, Stephanie H. Danker, David Herman, Jr., Tracey Hunter-Doniger, Joana Hyatt, Rina Kundu Little, Pamela Pease, and Sara Scott Shields.
- February 2022 | Remembering Dr. Melanie Buffington: Three Reflections on Her Impact and Influence
- October 2021 | SPECIAL ISSUE:Stories That Awaken in Us an Ability to Imagine Things Differently
- August 2021 | Trauma-Informed Art Education: Caring for Learners and Each Other
- January 2021 | Alfombra Making: Collaboration, Art, and Place
- September 2020 | Non-traditional Pedagogies in Art Education: An Investigation of Child-Centered Approaches
- July 2020 | Culturally Sensitive Art Education in a Community: Myaamia Ribbonwork
Writing for Translations
Interested in writing for Translations? Click here to download the manuscript guidelines. For questions please contact Kristi Oliver, NAEA Research Commission, Commissioner At-large at email@example.com.