Art Education Journal
Art Education is the official journal of the National Art Education Association.
Art Education covers a diverse range of topics of professional interest to art educators and anyone whose interest is quality visual arts education.It is published bi-monthly in full color, and each issue features an Instructional Resource article, making Art Education a significant addition to every teacher’s reference library.
NAEA’s publishing partnership with educational publishers Routledge/Taylor & Francis Group offers enhanced benefits to NAEA members:
- Digital Editions: Art Education and NAEA News are available in digital format as well as print, and can be accessed via iPhone, Android, Blackberry, and tablet devices. Members can access editions by logging in to the NAEA website.
- Digital Archives: NAEA membership includes free access to archived current and past issues of Art Education and NAEA News. The dynamic, user-friendly, digital format allows NAEA members and subscribers to read, search, and share online.
- Bundled Member Benefits: NAEA News, in magazine format, is mailed in tandem with issues of Art Education as one bundled package.
Not a Member? Subscribe to Art Education today! Here’s how:
NAEA Members: Art Education and NAEA News subscriptions are complimentary to NAEA Members. Join or renew your NAEA membership at www.arteducators.org/join.
Institutions and Non-NAEA Members: NAEA News is automatically included with your subscription to Art Education. For subscription information and to subscribe, contact email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Agents who are subscribing on behalf of a customer, please contact: email email@example.com.
To submit an article to Art Education: Manuscripts are welcome at all times and on any aspect of art education. Please follow the Instructions for Authors.
Send manuscripts to: Dr. James Rolling, Editor, Art Education Journal. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
To advertise in Art Education: For information about print advertising in Art Education magazine, please contact Jeff Leonard of Leonard Media: 215-675-9208, ext. 201 or email email@example.com.
- Special Issue: Practice & Theory in Art Education. Coordinates with the Summer 2014 issue of Studies in Art Education. (Art Education, September 2014; Volume 67, No. 5)
- Special Issue: Designing Interventions. Designing interventions and accommodations for the art classroom and beyond. (Art Education, March 2015; Volume 68, No. 2)
- Special Issue: Professional Development in Arts and Design Education. Designing interventions and accommodations for the art classroom and beyond. (Art Education, July 2015; Volume 68, No. 4)
- Sample Article: Building Forts and Drawing on Walls: Fostering Student-Initiated Creativity Inside and Outside the Elementary Classroom Written by David Rufo. (Art Education, July 2012).
- Sample Article: Assessment and Next Generation Standards: An Interview With Olivia Gude (Art Education, January 2014)
- Sample Instructional Resource: Kara Walker: Subtlety as a Big Idea. Recommended for Grades 5-12. Written by Laura K, Reeder. (Art Education, January 2015)