Art Education Journal
Art Education is the official journal of the National Art Education Association.
Art Education covers a diverse range of topics of professional interest to art educators and anyone whose interest is quality visual arts education.It is published bi-monthly in full color, and each issue features an Instructional Resource article, making Art Education a significant addition to every teacher’s reference library.
NAEA’s publishing partnership with educational publishers Routledge/Taylor & Francis Group offers enhanced benefits to NAEA members:
- Digital Editions: Art Education and NAEA News are available in digital format as well as print, and can be accessed via iPhone, Android, Blackberry, and tablet devices. Members can access editions by logging in to the NAEA website.
- Digital Archives: NAEA membership includes free access to archived current and past issues of Art Education and NAEA News. The dynamic, user-friendly, digital format allows NAEA members and subscribers to read, search, and share online.
- Bundled Member Benefits: NAEA News, in magazine format, is mailed in tandem with issues of Art Education as one bundled package.
Recent Articles and Special Issues
- Sample Instructional Resources Article: “Redlining and Greenlining: Olivia Robinson Investigates Root Causes of Racial Inequity.” By Diane Kuthy. (January 2017)
- Sample Article: “The Possibilities of Research—The Promise of Practice.” By Graeme Sullivan and Min Gu. (March 2017)
- Sample Article: “Art That Makes Communities Strong: Transformative Partnerships with Community Artists in K-12 Settings.” By Christine Woywod and Raoul Deal. (March 2016)
- STEAM Special Issue 1: “Reinventing the STEAM Engine.” Editor, James Haywood Rolling Jr. (July 2016)
- STEAM Special Issue 2: “Rolling Out the STEAM Engine for Art + Design Education.” Editor, James Haywood Rolling Jr. (November 2017)
Not a Member? Subscribe to Art Education today! Here’s how:
Institutions and Non-NAEA Members: NAEA News is automatically included with your subscription to Art Education. For subscription information and to subscribe, contact email email@example.com.
Agents who are subscribing on behalf of a customer, please contact: email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit an article to Art Education: Manuscripts are welcome at all times and on any aspect of art education. Please follow the Instructions for Authors here.
Questions? Submit to email@example.com.
To advertise in Art Education: For information about print advertising in Art Education magazine, please contact Jeff Leonard of Leonard Media: 215-675-9208, ext. 201 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.