Art Education Journal
Art Education is the official journal of the National Art Education Association.
Art Education covers a diverse range of topics of professional interest to art educators and anyone whose interest is quality visual arts education. It is published bi-monthly in full color, and each issue features an Instructional Resource article, making Art Education a significant addition to every teacher’s reference library.
NAEA’s publishing partnership with educational publishers Routledge/Taylor & Francis Group offers enhanced benefits to NAEA members:
- Digital Editions: Art Education is available in digital format as well as print. NAEA News is a digital-only publication. Members can access editions by logging in to the NAEA website.
- Digital Archives: NAEA membership includes free access to archived current and past issues of Art Education and NAEA News. The dynamic, user-friendly, digital format allows NAEA members and subscribers to read, search, and share online.
Calls for Submissions
Recent Articles and Special Issues
- Sample Instructional Resources Article: “Redlining and Greenlining: Olivia Robinson Investigates Root Causes of Racial Inequity.” By Diane Kuthy. (January 2017)
- Sample Article: “The Possibilities of Research—The Promise of Practice.” By Graeme Sullivan and Min Gu. (March 2017)
- Sample Article: “Art That Makes Communities Strong: Transformative Partnerships with Community Artists in K-12 Settings.” By Christine Woywod and Raoul Deal. (March 2016)
- STEAM Special Issue 1: “Reinventing the STEAM Engine.” Editor, James Haywood Rolling Jr. (July 2016)
- STEAM Special Issue 2: “Rolling Out the STEAM Engine for Art + Design Education.” Editor, James Haywood Rolling Jr. (November 2017)
Not a Member? Subscribe to Art Education today! Here’s how:
Institutions and Non-NAEA Members: NAEA News (a digital-only publication) is automatically included with your subscription to Art Education. For subscription information and to subscribe, contact email email@example.com.
Agents who are subscribing on behalf of a customer, please contact: email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit an article to Art Education: Manuscripts are welcome at all times and on any aspect of art education. Please follow the Instructions for Authors here.
Questions? Submit to email@example.com.
To advertise in Art Education: For information about print advertising in Art Education magazine, please contact Jeff Leonard of Leonard Media: 215-675-9208, ext. 201 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.