Each year the NAEA Awards Program offers the opportunity to nominate outstanding art educators in all Divisions and Regions, and from each state and province for national recognition in 142 individual awards.
The 2020 NAEA Awards Program is now open for nominations!
View complete details about each award in the 2020 NAEA Awards Program Booklet.
Click here to nominate for the 2020 Awards Program
- To recognize excellence in the many outstanding individuals, state/province associations, and programs of NAEA.
- To focus professional attention on quality art education and exemplary art educators.
- To increase public awareness of the importance of quality art education.
- To set standards for quality art education and show how they can be achieved.
- To provide tangible recognition of achievement, earn respect of colleagues, and enhance professional opportunities for NAEA members.
Who May Nominate?
Individual Members, State/Province Associations, and NAEA Interest Groups
NAEA members who meet the established criteria are eligible for nomination. NAEA membership is not required for the Distinguished Service Outside the Profession award, the COMC J. Eugene Grigsby award, or the Eisner Lifetime Achievement award. See complete eligibility details in the Awards Program Booklet.
Nominations and supporting documentation are submitted to the NAEA Awards Coordinator. State/province award committees select their own state/province award recipient and submit the name to the NAEA on the official State/Province Art Educator form (download form here or email firstname.lastname@example.org). Contact your state/province association for guidelines.
Nominations must be submitted by October 1, unless otherwise stated. This timeline allows the selection committees sufficient time to review documentation, verify membership, make final decisions, and submit the names of winning recipients to NAEA.
Awards are presented at the NAEA National Convention.
Upon notification, each award recipient is asked to provide pertinent information so press releases may be sent by NAEA to employers, local media, art departments, school administrators, etc.
View the list of 2019 Award Recipients.