The NAEA National Convention is the largest gathering of visual arts educators in the world!
The NAEA National Convention is an annual event providing substantive professional development opportunities for visual arts education professionals including classroom teachers, museum educators, administrators, college and university professors, researchers, students of art education, teaching artists, and more! Hosted in a different city each year, the Convention hosts participants from every state in the US and from around the globe. Offering as many as 1,000 participatory workshops, sessions, tours, exhibits, and keynote addresses by world-acclaimed educators, artists, researchers, and scholars, the NAEA National Convention is the premier opportunity to connect with colleagues and the latest ideas and innovations in visual arts education. It is the largest annual gathering of visual arts educators in the world!
2020 NAEA National Convention
The 2020 NAEA National Convention will take place in Minneapolis, MN, March 26-28, 2020, at the Minneapolis Convention Center. Some sessions will also be held in the Hilton Minneapolis. Ticketed events will be available for purchase in early September and the full schedule of events will be posted this fall.
- Make your case to attend! Get tips on how to gain support from your supervisor and make the most of your Convention experience with this document.
- Encouragement! View and share this letter of encouragement for your administrator from NAEA Executive Director, Deborah B. Reeve, EdD.
- Apply for a scholarship! Check out details for the First Time Attendee and Art Educator Scholarships to support your NAEA20 participation.
Advance registration is now open. Claim your spot at the largest gathering of visual arts educators in the world by registering now. You can also register over the phone by calling 800-299-8321 or by using the registration form
If you need a special accommodation for your attendance or for inquiries about accessibility, please contact Kathy Duse by emailing email@example.com. The 2020 NAEA National Convention does not include meal functions. All meals and related dietary needs are the responsibility of each participant.
- Active NAEA Member: Earlybird Rate: $185 | Onsite rate: $215 (after Feb. 20)
- Emeritus NAEA Member: Earlybird Rate: $140 | Onsite rate: $170 (after Feb. 20)
- Preservice NAEA Member: Earlybird Rate: $125 | Onsite rate: $145 (after Feb. 20)
- Nonmember: Earlybird Rate: $245 | Onsite rate: $275 (after Feb. 20)
- Spouse/Guest: Earlybird Rate: $140 | Onsite rate: $170 (after Feb. 20)
The Hilton Minneapolis is the officially contracted hotel for the 2020 NAEA National Convention.
Hilton Minneapolis 1001 Marquette Avenue Minneapolis, MN 55403
Book discounted accommodations at the Hilton Minneapolis and other participating hotels here
NAEA and California State University, Chico - Regional & Continuing Education have partnered to offer NAEA members university credit for participating in a variety of NAEA conferences, workshops, webinars, and other activities. Each 15 hours completed of NAEA professional development can be accrued for 1 semester unit. Learn more
Call for Presentations
The call for presentations is closed. The presentation proposal deadline was May 15, 2019. Learn more here.
Past Convention Resources
Resources such as session handouts, photos, videos, and Certificates of Attendance from past Conventions can be found here.
- 2021 NAEA National Convention: March 4-6 | Chicago, Illinois
- 2022 NAEA National Convention: March 3–5 | New York, New York