Independent School Art Education (ISAE)
January 14, 2016
Purpose: The purposes of the Independent School Art Education special interest group shall be to encourage active involvement of independent school art educators by:
- Promoting sound methods and philosophies of art education.
- Providing opportunities for development of relationships among independent school educators within each state and as a nation.
- Creating professional development opportunities specifically for independent school art educators.
- Encouraging participation in state and national art education conferences.
- Supporting strong working relationships within each school between art teachers and administrators.
- Promoting and facilitating lesson sharing, curriculum discussions and group study of the problems that confront those involved in arts education in independent schools.
- Educating our members on job negotiation and job security.
- Creating positive relationships among independent school art educators through networking and regional conferences designed specifically for independent schools.
- Developing the leadership potential of each independent school art instructor to better advocate for the arts in his or her community.
- Educating on marketing the arts to the school community.
- Maintaining regional and national contacts with other groups of arts educators and others whose objectives coincide with those in NAEA.
- Securing cooperation of legislative, state, county officials, administrators and foundations in establishing conditions that shall render the efforts of arts educators more effective.
- Circulating information and keeping members informed of the significant developments in the field of arts education.
- Adhering to a policy that does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin.
Chair (Term: 2017-2019)