Join the largest creative community established exclusively for visual arts educators, university professors, researchers and scholars, teaching artists, administrators, and art museum educators.Join NAEA Renew Membership
ListServ Sign Up
Collaborate. Learn. Engage in thoughtful dialogue.Go
Resources from Past Conventions
Drawing Community Connections
THANK YOU ART EDUCATORS! Very special thanks to all who participated in the 2013 NAEA National Convention in Fort Worth! We hope you were inspired by the face-to-face experience and returned to your classrooms, campuses, districts and museums with a renewed sense of energy and exciting new ideas to implement and share.
• Videos: Click here to view videos of the General Sessions and large-format Super Sessions online! See sessions by Wayne White, Jésus Moroles, Annette Lawrence, Jay McTighe, Lois Gibson, and more! Access to these videos is an NAEA member-exclusive benefit.
• Photos: Click here to view photos from the Convention. Use password: naea. Photography by Seth Freeman Photography © 2013
• Session Handouts: Click here to download session handouts (http://www.arteducators.org/news/convention-13/members/handouts). Access to these handouts is an NAEA member-exclusive benefit. Session handouts are also available on the mobile app. Follow these instructions to download the app: For iPhone (plus iPad & iPod Touch) and Android phones: Visit your App Store or Google Play on your device and search for “2013 NAEA”. For All Other Phone Types (including BlackBerry and all other web browser-enabled phones): Point your mobile browser to http://m.core-apps.com/naea2013 or scan the QR code. If you attended the Convention, but are not a member and are seeking resources, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and specify which session(s) you are seeking resources from.
• Professional Development Certificate (NJ version)
• Post-Convention Survey (closed on 4/1/13)
• Access the microsite here
» Session Handouts and Resources: Click here to view them all conveniently in one place! Also still available on the NAEA MOBILE APP for one year post-Convention. Click on a session, scroll down, and check to see if there is a section called "Handouts". For iPad, iPhone and Android: Visit the App Store or Android Market on your phone and search for ”NAEA ”. For Blackberry and all other web-enabled devices, simply point your mobile device browser to http://m.core-apps.com/naea2012. You may also SCAN the QR CODE
» Professional Development Certificate: All States | NJ Only
» Post-Convention Survey: Survey closed 4/1/12
» Photos: Click here to view photos. Use code: NAEA
» Videos: Click here to view full-length videos of the general sessions and super sessions
» Daily Schedules: Thurday, March 1*: PDF | Word | Friday, March 2*: PDF | Word| Saturday, March 3*: PDF | Word | Sunday, March 4*: PDF | Word
Click here to view resources from the 2011 NAEA National Convention
DOWNLOAD PRESENTATION MATERIALS HERE
VIEW PHOTOS HERE
VIEW VIDEOS FROM THE GENERAL SESSIONS, SUPER SESSIONS + MORE HERE
Download session handouts/slides on NAEA's WIKI.
View VIDEOS: Message from U.S. Secretary of Education, Arne Duncan; General Sessions, Rushlow, WalkingStick, Jensen; Super Session, Charles Falco; Art:21 Artist Keynote, Mark Bradford; Synergy Session, Judy Chicago; & Learning in a Visual Age.
Read "What Education Can Learn From the Arts" - 2008 Lowenfeld Lecture by Elliot Eisner