Join the largest creative community established exclusively for visual arts educators, university professors, researchers and scholars, teaching artists, administrators, and art museum educators.Join NAEA Renew Membership
ListServ Sign Up
Collaborate. Learn. Engage in thoughtful dialogue.Go
NAEA State Association Partners
Dues Collection Agreement Benefits-at-a-Glance
NAEA works closely with State Association Partners to identify ways to champion and support members who serve as volunteer leaders in their state association ensuring quality and an excellent member experience for state and national members.
Costs for professional services and membership recruitment and retention are absorbed by NAEA as outlined below. NAEA has invested in the technology, equipment, and staffing resources to manage membership retention/renewal on a consistent and timely basis (telephone, Internet, photocopiers, printers, computers, utilities, and marketing research). NAEA also provides staffing to make our Member Services Team available Monday–Friday, 8:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. ET for all members.
Membership Retention (Total Value of Membership Retention: around $10,000/year)
Through collaborative partnerships with State Association Partners, NAEA bears the full cost of the following membership retention activities:
• E-mail renewal notice created and sent to all expiring members, 90 and 30 days in advance of membership expiration date. (Value of $4,577/year)
• Design, development, print, and postage for renewal notice mailed 60 days in advance of membership expiration date. (From $2,000 to $2,500/year)
• Design, development, print, and postage for mailed Welcome Letter and Membership ID card. (From $2,000 to $2,800/year)
Membership Recruitment (Total Value of Membership Retention: around $4,000/year)
NAEA bears the full cost of the design and development of marketing materials (brochures, flyers, letters, and Convention promotions) and procurement of prospect lists to recruit new members:
• Quarterly membership promotional e-mail sent to all membership prospects. (From $1,250 to $1,400/year)
• Quarterly mailed “invitation to join” letter sent to membership prospects. (From $605 to $2,300/year)
Membership Maintenance (Total Value of Membership Maintenance: around $3,300/year)
NAEA bears the full cost of maintaining a dynamic membership database, processing financial transactions (including credit card processing fees), and providing monthly payments and reports to State Association Partners.
• Purchase and maintain dynamic membership database; integrate join/renew functions with NAEA website (From $131 - $512/year or $.53 per member).
• Process all membership financial transactions, including check processing fees from banking institutions and credit card fees (From $710 to $1,400/year).
• Handle deposits and reconcile financial transactions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. In addition, NAEA’s financial transactions and processes are audited each year by an independent CPA firm. (Value of $1,329/year)
The above benefits are exclusive to State Association Partners that participate in the dues collection agreement. The total value of the partnership for membership retention/renewal is between $13,000 - $17,000/year.
Additional State Association Resources Provided (Optional)
For states who are partnered through the dues collection agreement, NAEA also provides a number of marketing, Web-based, and strategic services and resources that are exclusive to and available at the discretion of State Association Partners. These services and resources include:
• Graphic design support and expertise for creation of joint membership forms
• Design and creation of joint membership marketing brochures
• Advocacy materials (pins, tote bags, t-shirts, mouse pads) for state conferences
• Collaborative opportunities for developing other marketing materials
• e-blasts sent on behalf of your state association
• Leadership Link, an online collaborative resource for state association leaders to exchange ideas and best practices, to share professional development tools for Board meetings and volunteers, as well as a space to connect to NAEA
• Governance support and strategic planning guidance
• Legal documents archived: Constitution, Bylaws
• 501(c)(3) IRS designation – support and guidance
Click here to view a PDF of the benefits
Contact: Christie Castillo, Member Services Manager, at 703-860-8000 or email@example.com.
Art Educator Links
Interested in a specific issue? Serve on an NAEA Committee?
Stay connected to your NAEA state affiliate.
Inspire and recognize your students who have shown outstanding ability in art.
Stay abreast of the latest news, developments, and conversations related to the visual arts education field.