Join the largest creative community established exclusively for visual arts educators, university professors, researchers and scholars, teaching artists, administrators, and art museum educators.Join NAEA Renew Membership
ListServ Sign Up
Collaborate. Learn. Engage in thoughtful dialogue.Go
Our policy is to use any and all data collected by any means, whether through the Internet, email, our online databases and/or any interactive forms or surveys only for such uses that are important to our organization and our cause, in light of the professional standards required and expected from nonprofit organizations.
Disclosures to Third Parties. NAEA also makes member contact information available through the NAEA Member Directory to other members using its website, and provides mailing addresses to state associations contracted for dues collection purposes. On occasion, NAEA may also provide limited data to third parties that offer products and services. This limited data may include name, job title, company and business address, but do not include business phone number, business fax number or e-mail address. Users may request NAEA refrain from disclosing the data it collects to third parties if they determine later that they do not wish to have the information shared by contacting NAEA at 703-860-8000 or sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Members may also update their preferences online at any time by accessing the “E-mail Opt Out” section under the My Information navigation button.
Visitors to the Website and Website Security. NAEA’s website may collect information about each visitor to our website in these ways: through your IP address; through cookies; through online forms; through any correspondence you send to us via postal mail or email, and through other forms not associated with the database. Detail about these methods of information collection follows:
IP Addresses. Your IP address does not reveal any personal information about you or your activities. Our web server host logs all IP addresses of all visitors to automate information collection concerning web traffic, usage, length of time visitors stayed, new visitors, entry and exit points, and the like. It is also used as statistical information for reporting and to find ways to improve web usability.
National Convention Attendees. Your postal mailing address may be shared with third parties in conjunction with the annual NAEA National Conventions in order to enhance attendee experiences by providing information on products, services, and learning opportunities.
Correspondence. None of your contact information or any of your correspondence that you send via regular mail, online through forms, through email, or any other means is ever sold to third parties under any circumstances, and is used only to conduct our daily business in accomplishing our mission under our policies as a nonprofit entity.
National Art Education Association Sharing Practices. None of the information we collect is shared with any third-parties except: (a) As aggregated statistics for organizational performance reporting purposes, capturing and defining web traffic patterns, and website improvement. Information of this kind is never used to track or monitor individual users. (b) Information disclosed to NAEA's vendors, agents, and/or advisors (such as our strategic partners, accountants, or attorneys). We only disclose personal information necessary for them to provide their services to you or to us, and only under strict confidentiality restrictions. (c) As NAEA believes necessary to: (i) Comply with law (including court and government orders, and civil subpoenas); (ii) Enforce or apply NAEA's Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or (iii) Protect the rights, property, or safety of NAEA, our users, or others. (d) If you partake (or NAEA reasonably suspects that you are partaking) in any illegal or potentially illegal activity, NAEA may disclose personal information even without a subpoena, warrant, or other court order, to the extent NAEA feels is necessary to inform and cooperate with law enforcement agencies or other appropriate authorities.
If you send us questions about our website content or any of our areas of operation, we may forward your request for information to parties who would be able to assist you, or we may respond to you with that information in kind. You may at any time request us not to do so, and we will comply with that request, except as we are required by legal regulations or a court order to do so. It is unlikely we will contact you for verification, but we reserve the right to do so should it become necessary. If you contact us by email or phone, we may ask you to verify your personal information so that we may respond to your inquiry with an assurance of your identity.
Online Surveys. Occasionally, NAEA may ask you to participate in online surveys in the interest of gauging the value and quality of its programs and services in order to advance our mission and achieve our strategic goals. Such surveys are always on a volunteer basis, and participation is voluntary. Should you decide to complete a survey, the types of information collected may include demographics such as zip codes, age group, services received or provided, etc. None of this information will be collected on any one individual or that can be used to identify any one particular individual. Survey information is used in the aggregate to improve organization programs and services.
Online Purchases. NAEA may provide you with links that allow you to purchase items related to our mission and activities. Any transaction conducted as a result of those links may not be conducted on our site, but may be conducted on the site of the seller or the company managing the transaction through their online e-commerce functions. Therefore, NAEA may not either see or collect any personal information about you, your transaction, and/or your credit card. All transactions and transaction details are between the purchaser and the company, and NAEA makes no guarantee about these transactions. Buyers are responsible to be fully informed about sellers’ and/or companies managing online transactions policies, and will hold NAEA harmless of all disputes between the buyer and seller/transaction company.
It is our priority to make this site accessible for all of our visitors. With this objective in mind we developed www.arteducators.org to comply with the letter and the spirit of the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act. Various considerations for enhancing accessibility of this site have been addressed.
Disclaimer Notice for NAEA Website
Use of this site constitutes an Agreement with the following Terms and Conditions:
1. The National Art Education Association (henceforth referred to as the NAEA) maintains this website (henceforth referred to as "the Site") as a benefit to its members and as a courtesy to those who may choose to access the site (henceforth referred to as "the user" or "users").
2. The information provided on the Site is for educational and information purposes only. Any references to commercial products or trade names are made with the understanding that no discrimination is intended, nor is there an endorsement by NAEA of any products or companies involved.
3. MATERIALS PROVIDED ON THE SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE OR NON INFRINGEMENT. The NAEA specifically does not make any warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any such materials. NAEA may periodically add, change, improve, or update materials on the site without notice.
4. The site contains links and references to third-party websites. The linked sites are not under the control of NAEA and NAEA is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. NAEA provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link or reference does not imply endorsement, sponsorship, or approval of the linked site by NAEA.
5. Use of the site is at user's sole risk. NAEA, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES. MEMBERS. CONTRACTORS, CONTENT PROVIDERS, OR ITS AFFILIATES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, WHETHER UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHER THEORY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH: (A) YOUR ACCESS TO, OR USE OF, THE SITE; (B) ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, ACTIVITIES, AND/OR MATERIALS AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SITE; (C) ANY BREACHES OF SECURITY INVOLVING THE SITE OR YOUR ACCOUNT, OR ANY LACK OF AVAILABILITY OR OPERATIONAL PROBLEM OF, THE SITE; OR (D) ANY VIRUSES OR OTHER CODE THAT MAY AFFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PROPERTY AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SITE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages. In such jurisdictions, our liability is limited to the greatest extent permitted by law. If the user is dissatisfied with any information provided on the site or with any of its terms and conditions of use of the site, user's sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the site.
6. The user agrees not to do the following:
a) Interfere (or attempt to interfere) with the operation of the site. This includes, without limitation, (a) interfering with, defeating, or circumventing any security function of the site, or attempting to do so, or (b) accessing, or attempting to access, any portion of the site that you are not authorized to access. Unauthorized access (or attempts) may subject you to civil and/or criminal penalties.
b) Post, store, or transmit any unlawful, threatening, defamatory, obscene, inflammatory, pornographic, profane, or otherwise objectionable (as determined by NAEA) information or material.
c) Post, store, or transmit any information or material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law.
d) Post, store, or transmit any advertising, promotion, or solicitation of goods or services for commercial purposes except in any areas of the site specifically designated for such purpose (and subject to applicable site rules).
e) Use the site to post, store, or transmit any information or software that contains a virus, worm, Trojan horse, spyware, or other harmful or disruptive component.
f) Use the site to post, store, or transmit materials in violation of another party's copyright or other intellectual property rights. You are solely responsible for determining whether any material you post, store, or transmit is subject to a third party's rights.
g) Use the site for any unlawful purposes.
h) Modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, resell, retransmit, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any portion of the site.
7. The user agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless NAEA and its affiliates and all of their directors, officers, members, employees, agents, representatives, contractors, content providers, predecessors, successors, and assigns, from and against any and all claims, proceedings, damages, injuries, liabilities, losses, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees and litigation expenses), relating to or arising from the user's use of the site, any breach by the user of this Agreement, or any other matter for which the user is responsible hereunder or under law.
8. Failure to insist on strict performance of any of the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement will not operate as a waiver of any subsequent default or failure of performance. No waiver by NAEA of any right under these Terms and Conditions will be deemed to be either a waiver of any other right or provision or a waiver of that same right or provision at any other time.
9. Any disputes arising in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be resolved by binding arbitration in Northern Virginia by a single arbitrator under the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association. The award shall be enforceable in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The validity, construction, and performance of these Terms and Conditions Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia. This site is controlled and operated by NAEA from its offices and/or a web hosting company within the United States. NAEA makes no representation that materials on the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where any of the contents of this site are illegal is prohibited. If the user chooses to access this site from other locations, the user does so on the user's own volition and is responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws.
10. No joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between the user and NAEA as a result of this Agreement or the user's utilization of this site.
Linking Policy. This website may contain hypertext links to external websites and pages containing information created and maintained by public and private organizations other than NAEA. These hypertext links may be created by NAEA if it determines that establishing the external link will provide information to its constituents and members. NAEA, in its sole discretion, will determine whether the external website meets the mission of the organization and its specified informational purposes. The inclusion of a hypertext link to an external website is not intended as an endorsement of any product or service offered or referenced on the linked website, the organization's sponsoring said website, or any views that might be expressed or referenced in the website. Hypertext links to external websites and pages may be removed or replaced at the sole discretion of NAEA, at any time without notice. In the event you discover problems with, or have concerns regarding, the format, accuracy, timeliness, or completeness of a linked external website, please contact the specific organization responsible for the linked external site. NAEA does not control, nor is it responsible for, content on any external site.
National Art Education Association (NAEA)
901 Prince Street
Alexandria, VA 22314