2019 RAEA Outstanding Student Chapter Award
Application deadline: November 1, 2018
May 8, 2018
2019 Retired Art Educators Affiliate (RAEA) Outstanding Student Chapter Award
Application deadline: November 1, 2018 (Awarded based on previous year’s activities. Award will be presented at the 2019 NAEA National Convention in Boston, MA)
Eligibility: Student Chapter must be registered with NAEA and valid through the 2019 NAEA National Convention, March 14 - 16, 2019. Still need to register your chapter? Click here.
Download the scoring rubric that will be used by the RAEA review committee here. The rubric provides specific information about the standards and criteria used to determine the recipient of the RAEA Outstanding Student Chapter Award.
The Award Selection Committee includes: an appointed active RAEA member as chair/coordinator, serving without vote; the current Preservice Division Director as an ex-officio member, serving without vote; two (2) active RAEA members appointed by the RAEA President; and the student chapter advisor of the past year’s winning chapter, each with a vote: (3) voting members.
Required Materials: The following materials are required for consideration and must be uploaded while completing the digital application. Please have these materials ready before beginning the application form.
- One-page letter from the Chapter Advisor.
- One-page letter from the Chapter President.
- List of student chapter members with their NAEA membership numbers. (This can be obtained by requesting a membership list from NAEA. Requests must be made by October 10, 2018.)
- 6-8 examples of student chapter activities.
Possible examples include: flyers, photos, a screen shot of the webpage, etc.
The following is an abbreviated list, which can serve as evidence to support the letters from the Chapter President and Advisor.
- Digital Media Communications (website: please provide current URL)
- Student Chapter Government
- Community Service; Professional Development
- NAEA Membership; Fundraising
- Certification of Student Chapter registration for the 2018-19 year
Contact Linda Willis Fisher, RAEA Past President, at email@example.com.