2020 NAEA Nominating Committee
Application Deadline: June 15, 2020
May 11, 2020
Call for Members to Serve on the 2020 NAEA Nominating Committee
The NAEA Board of Directors guides the association forward on behalf of NAEA’s members and their learners. The Nominating Committee carefully and collectively reviews all nominees for the NAEA Board of Directors to select candidates for each upcoming elected position. NAEA members then vote in an annual election.
According to the NAEA Constitution, “In even number years…the NAEA President shall appoint a Board-approved nominating committee composed of one member from each of the Regions, one member from each Division, two members of the Delegates Assembly, and one member-at-large who shall serve as Chair. The committee shall prepare a slate of two candidates for the office of President-Elect and two candidates for each Division Director-Elect position.”
A Nominating Committee Member must:
- be a current member of NAEA,
- possess a reasonable knowledge of the workings and structure of a board of directors,
- have the ability to confidently and clearly express their opinion regarding potential candidates,
- be willing to consider others’ opinions regarding potential candidates,
- possess a clear understanding of why they would like to serve on this committee, as well as what they would bring to the Nominating Committee, and
- support NAEA’s Mission along with its goals relating to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
Click here to apply.
Application deadline: June 15, 2020
Terms of Service
In late August, committee members will be sent all nomination submissions, scoring criteria to guide the review process, and instructions for ranking all nominees to identify the most qualified candidates to appear on the ballot. Nominating Committee work will be conducted via email between September 1 and October 6. Additionally, a Zoom meeting led by the Nominating Committee Chair will be held in October to discuss and finalize the slate of candidates for the ballot.
Please contact Kathy Duse, NAEA Executive Services & Convention and Programs Manager: email@example.com