From the NAEA Executive Director
January 17, 2016
Welcome all to NAEA’s virtual home!
This dynamic community of practice is where visual arts teachers, scholars, researchers and professors, students, administrators, art museum educators, and artists come together around a shared belief in the power of the arts in developing human potential. Here is where you can tap into fresh ideas about teaching, leading and learning … acquire far-flung allies for new initiatives … look beyond the news (which we will continue to report, of course)—and find the “new” that will inspire you in your work.
Whether you are a practicing visual arts educator, or someone who has an interest in the arts and education, I invite you to engage in this emerging community of practice. You will find that there is much more here than initially meets the eye. Explore the largest professional development offering for arts and education worldwide—the NAEA annual convention; find out about our nation’s talented youth who are members of the National Art Honor Society; share your opinions and ideas through community listservs and forums and peruse NAEA best seller publications.
This virtual community has been designed to regenerate thinking about Learning in a Visual Age and implications for research and policy to shape 21st century teaching and learning. I invite you to follow your own intuition and explore the many facets that are up and come back often as we continue to expand and develop the new Web 2.0 dimensions yet to come!
—Deborah B. Reeve, EdD, NAEA Executive Director
- Cleansing the Palette - NAEA News - December 2015
- Cleansing the Palette - NAEA News - October 2015
- Leadership Lens - Spring 2015
- Leadership Lens - Winter 2015
- Bio - Deborah B. Reeve, EdD
- Cleansing the Palette - NAEA News - February 2016
- Cleansing the Palette - NAEA News - April 2016
- Leadership Lens - Winter 2016
- Cleansing the Palette - NAEA News - August-September 2016
- Deborah B. Reeve - 2016 Delegates Assembly Remarks - Chicago, IL
- Leadership Lens - Fall 2016
- Cleansing the Palette - NAEA News - October/November 2016
Deborah B. Reeve, EdD
Deborah B. Reeve, EdD