Become a Member
The Value of Membership
Become part of the largest professional organization established by visual arts educators for visual arts educators!
The National Art Education Association (NAEA) advances visual arts education to fulfill human potential and promote global understanding. NAEA supports visual arts educators to bolster your teaching, your career, and your creativity. NAEA resources, benefits, and opportunities are continuously created in direct response to the timely needs of art educators and your students.
Effective June 2017
ACTIVE PROFESSIONAL: For individuals professionally engaged in the field of visual arts and/or who facilitate programs of, or related to, art education. Active Professional membership provides all the privileges of membership including the right to vote and hold national office.
FIRST YEAR PROFESSIONAL: For educators entering their first year in the field of art education. Membership is granted for one year only, on a one-time basis. First Year Professional membership provides all the privileges of Active Professional membership.
ASSOCIATE: For individuals interested in, supporting, or involved with pursuits closely related to the field of art education. Associate membership provides the privileges of Active Professional membership except the right to vote and hold national office.
EMERITUS: For individuals who are retired and no longer professionally employed in the field of art education and have been a member of the Association for a minimum of five (5) years. Emeritus membership provides all the privileges of Active Professional membership.
PRESERVICE: For undergraduate students and full-time graduate students. Preservice membership provides all the privileges of Active Professional membership including the right to vote and hold national office.
INSTITUTIONAL: For colleges, universities, libraries, and institutions directly or indirectly involved in art education. Institutional membership provides all the privileges of Active Professional membership except the right to vote or hold national office.
HONORARY: Honorary memberships may be conferred upon persons who have made an outstanding contribution to art education and whose names have been approved by the NAEA Board. This membership is conferred for the life of the member and carries full privileges of Active Professional membership.
LIFE: Life membership was a limited membership category conferred from 1972 to 1975, to recognize members who made significant financial contributions to the Association. This category carries full privileges of Active Professional membership and is no longer open for enrollment.
The benefits of membership include:
- Professional Development: Access timely learning resources including the National Visual Arts Standards that support teaching and learning as well as FREE access to Virtual Art Educators monthly webinars and all webinar archives.
- Connectivity: Join the conversation with Collaborate, an interactive, dynamic online professional space, available exclusively to NAEA members. Share information and resources, gain inspiration, and make connections—anytime, anywhere..
- Subscriptions: FREE subscriptions to the premier Journal of Art Education and NAEA News—a $72 VALUE!
- Leadership: Join Issues Groups and Editorial Boards, serve as a National Convention Proposal Reviewer, participate in international travel/research delegations, be elected to serve on the Board of Directors, apply for the School for Art Leaders, and more!
- Discounts: Participate in the NAEA National Convention – submit a presentation proposal, purchase new books and advocacy merchandise, discounted premiere publications, such as the Studies in Art Education, and more—all at a discounted rate!
- Recognition: Gain eligibility for national recognition through awards, grants, and a National Art Honor Society Chapter!
- Advocacy: Resources for advocating the importance of visual arts education are at your fingertips!
I became a member in 2001. Since then I have learned and grown as an art educator, brought varied learning to my students, and, not least, I had the opportunity to do my Master’s degree in Art Education. I learned about the course at the NAEA National Convention. I have also been fortunate to present several times at the Convention…I’m grateful to be a member of such an organization that is truly dedicated to making Art and Art Educators Matter. —Anita Bhatty, Balboa Academy, Miami, FL
EXISTING MEMBER? RENEW HERE - Click on “Pay Open Invoices”
Become a NEW member in 6 easy ways:
- Online: Start by selecting your state on the next page
- Telephone: We accept VISA, MasterCard, and American Express, which can be conveniently paid over the phone by calling NAEA Member Services at (800) 299-8321 (Monday - Friday, 8:15 am – 4:30 pm ET).
- Fax: Print, complete, and fax the Membership Form to: (703) 860-2960
- Mail: Print, complete, and mail the Membership Form to: NAEA Member Services, 901 Prince Street, Alexandria, VA 22314-3008
- E-mail: Print, complete, and e-mail the Membership Form to email@example.com
- Artsonia: Join/Renew using your Artsonia fundraising
If you have any questions, please contact NAEA Member Services at (800) 299-8321 (Monday - Friday, 8:15 am – 4:30 pm ET) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.