Become a Member
The Value of Membership
Become part of the largest professional organization established by visual arts educators for visual arts educators!
The National Art Education Association (NAEA) advances visual arts education to fulfill human potential and promote global understanding. NAEA supports visual arts educators to bolster your teaching, your career, and your creativity. NAEA resources, benefits, and opportunities are continuously created in direct response to the timely needs of art educators and your students.
Effective June 2017
ACTIVE PROFESSIONAL: For individuals professionally engaged in the field of visual arts and/or who facilitate programs of, or related to, art education. Active Professional membership provides all the privileges of membership including the right to vote and hold national office.
FIRST YEAR PROFESSIONAL: For educators entering their first year in the field of art education. Membership is granted for one year only, on a one-time basis. First Year Professional membership provides all the privileges of Active Professional membership.
ASSOCIATE: For individuals interested in, supporting, or involved with pursuits closely related to the field of art education. Associate membership provides the privileges of Active Professional membership except the right to vote and hold national office.
EMERITUS: For individuals who are retired and no longer professionally employed in the field of art education and have been a member of the Association for a minimum of five (5) years. Emeritus membership provides all the privileges of Active Professional membership.
PRESERVICE: For undergraduate students and full-time graduate students. Preservice membership provides all the privileges of Active Professional membership including the right to vote and hold national office.
INSTITUTIONAL: For colleges, universities, libraries, and institutions directly or indirectly involved in art education. Institutional membership provides all the privileges of Active Professional membership except the right to vote or hold national office.
HONORARY: Honorary memberships may be conferred upon persons who have made an outstanding contribution to art education and whose names have been approved by the NAEA Board. This membership is conferred for the life of the member and carries full privileges of Active Professional membership.
LIFE: Life membership was a limited membership category conferred from 1972 to 1975, to recognize members who made significant financial contributions to the Association. This category carries full privileges of Active Professional membership and is no longer open for enrollment.
The benefits of membership include:
- Full access to exclusive members-only content on the NAEA website
- Subscriptions to Art Education journal and NAEA News—NAEA’s premier bi-monthly publications
- Access to outstanding lessons, peer-reviewed for quality, relevance, and rigor through the Instructional Resources Gallery
- Access to timely resources including the new National Visual Arts Standards that support teaching and learning
- FREE Online Professional Learning Opportunities – gain free registration for NAEA’s monthly webinar series. Access premier professional learning opportunities from anywhere in the world. Choose from a growing number of live and archived webinars, sessions, workshops, and more to create your ideal experience. Be informed and inspired by colleagues, artists, and experts offering programming that is 100% art education content that can be applied immediately to teaching and learning.
- Access to Collaborate, an interactive, dynamic online professional space, available exclusively to members. Share information and resources, gain inspiration, and make connections—anytime, anywhere.
- Discounts on NAEA National Convention registration fees and other professional learning events including SummerVision
- Discounts on premiere publications and advocacy merchandise in NAEA’s Online Store
- Connect with colleagues through the Member Directory, showcase your art through a complimentary personalized e-Portfolio powered by Digication, and/or display your students’ artwork in a Classroom Gallery provided by Artsonia
- Eligibility for prestigious national awards and grants opportunities
- Eligibility to establish a National Art Honor Society in your middle or secondary school
- Discounts on a variety of insurance programs including Professional Liability Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Health Insurance, Auto & Home Insurance, and Additional Plans & Benefits. Visit the Forrest T. Jones & Company website.
I became a member in 2001. Since then I have learned and grown as an art educator, brought varied learning to my students, and, not least, I had the opportunity to do my Master’s degree in Art Education. I learned about the course at the NAEA National Convention. I have also been fortunate to present several times at the Convention…I’m grateful to be a member of such an organization that is truly dedicated to making Art and Art Educators Matter. —Anita Bhatty, Balboa Academy, Miami, FL
EXISTING MEMBER? RENEW HERE - Click on “Pay Open Invoices”
Become a NEW member in 6 easy ways:
- Online: Start by selecting your state on the next page
- Telephone: We accept VISA, MasterCard, and American Express, which can be conveniently paid over the phone by calling NAEA Member Services at (800) 299-8321 (Monday - Friday, 8:15 am – 4:30 pm ET).
- Fax: Print, complete, and fax the Membership Form to: (703) 860-2960
- Mail: Print, complete, and mail the Membership Form to: NAEA Member Services, 901 Prince Street, Alexandria, VA 22314-3008
- E-mail: Print, complete, and e-mail the Membership Form to email@example.com
- Artsonia: Join/Renew using your Artsonia fundraising
If you have any questions, please contact NAEA Member Services at (800) 299-8321 (Monday - Friday, 8:15 am – 4:30 pm ET) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.