NAHS | NJAHS Sponsor Resources
Renewing your chapter is an unparalleled way to support visual arts education with your students and community.
February 3, 2016
Welcome Chapter Sponsors!
This page contains tips and tools that will help you renew and grow your chapter.
What is a Chapter Sponsor?
A Chapter sponsor is a visual arts educator who supervises and guides an NAHS/NJAHS chapter on a regular basis. The sponsor acts as a liaison between faculty, administration, students, and the community. Any art educator employed at the school may sponsor the school’s NAHS/NJAHS chapter. NAHS/NJAHS Chapter Sponsors and Co-sponsors must be current NAEA members.
PLEASE NOTE: Chapter membership expires June 30 each year. Chapters must be established by an art faculty member at your school. Parents and students are encouraged to request information on the program, but are not eligible to establish a chapter.
What to include with your renewal
- Completed chapter registration form
- Student roster
- Student dues of $3 per student
- Chapter Fee: A yearly chapter registration fee is required for each NAHS chapter and entitles the Chapter Sponsor to all the rights and privileges of one active membership including all NAEA member and NAHS chapter benefits. The chapter registration fee is waived for Sponsors who are already active members. Co-sponsors must be active NAEA members.
- Bylaws (MUST be filed with NAEA)
- Register your chapter every school year to maintain active status. Chapter membership expires on June 30 each year.
- Registration forms and payments submitted July 1–June 30 will be applied to the current school year.
- Student membership dues of $3 are required for every student in your chapter each year they are a member of NAHS/NJAHS.
- Please register your chapter for the current school year prior to submitting an order for NAHS/NJAHS chapter merchandise/resources.
- Allow up to 4 weeks for processing and shipping of your NAHS/NJAHS order.
- The deadline to place a resource order using an official school purchase order is March 31. POs accepted for orders of $150 or more.
Dates to Remember
October 1: Rising Stars Secondary Recognition P program & Outstanding NAHS/NJAHS Sponsor Award Nominations due
November 1: NAHS News Submissions due – Winter Issue
December 15: Charles M. Robertson Memorial Scholarship Deadline
January 31: Please register your chapter!
March 1: NAHS News Submissions due – Spring Issue
March - April: ORDER EARLY! Order your NAHS graduation/recognition supplies. Allow up to 4 weeks for processing and delivery of your order.
NAHS Creative Industries Studio
November 17-19, 2016 | Washington, DC
This 2.5-day hands-on creative arts learning experience is designed for high school students and their art teachers. Learn More
NAHS News is a semi-yearly, full-color, electronic newsletter published on the NAHS webpage and distributed to all NAHS/NJAHS sponsors via e-mail. All NAHS and NJAHS chapters are encouraged to submit chapter reports, photos, and images of artwork following the guidelines below.
- Access the current NAHS News issue and archives
- NAHS News Submission Guidelines
- NAHS News Submission Form
View student chapter artwork on Flickr.
Purchase NAHS/NJAHS merchandise in the online store available exclusively to chapter sponsors.
Please email NAHS@arteducators.org with any questions.
- NAHS Chapter Handbook & Resource Catalog
- NAHS FAQ
- NAHS-NJAHS Bylaws
- NAHS - PO Requirements
- NAHS Roster
- NJAHS Roster
- Complimentary Certificate Template (NAHS) - 2015-16
- Creating Student Leaders through NAHS
- NAHS Chapters - Best Practices
- Complimentary Certificate Template (NAHS) - 2016-17
- NAHS | NJAHS Registration Form (2016-17)
- NAHS Resources Order Form (2016-17)
An all-inclusive world of supplies to nurture the creative spirit of artists of all ages and skill levels. Features supplies and teaching materials for art history, sculpture, drawing, painting, tile work, leather crafts, ceramics, metal enameling, jewelry making, weaving, woodcraft, stained glass, and many other crafts.Learn more about Nasco