Establish a New NAHS | NJAHS Chapter
Make visual arts more visible in your school!
February 3, 2016
In support of NAEA’s, chapters must be established by an art faculty member at the school. Parents and students are encouraged to request information on the program, but are not eligible to establish a chapter.
How to establish your chapter
- Download a copy of the NAHS/NJAHS Chapter Handbook and Resource Catalog: Renewing Members OR New Members. Also, check out the NAHS FAQs.
- Educators, discuss establishing a chapter with your school administration. Be sure to address important topics like funding, bylaws, and selection/eligibility criteria.
- Designate a Chapter Sponsor.
- Establish your chapter’s Bylaws.
- Gain student interest and invite eligible students to join.
- Collect student membership dues and finalize your student roster.
- Submit your chapter registration form, student roster: NAHS or NJAHS, student dues, and chapter fee (if applicable) to NAEA. Submitting registration materials by the end of January is a best practice. Your chapter must be registered each school year. Chapter membership lapses each year on June 30.
- Receive your welcome letter, chapter charter, and student certificates/membership cards in the mail.
What to include with your registration
- Completed chapter registration form
- Student roster
- Student dues of $3 per student
- Chapter fee: A yearly chapter registration fee is required for each NAHS chapter and entitles the Chapter Sponsor to all the rights and privileges of one active membership including all NAEA member and NAHS chapter benefits. The chapter registration fee is waived for Sponsors who are already active members. Co-sponsors must be active NAEA members.
- Bylaws (MUST be filed with NAEA)
- Register your chapter every school year to maintain active status. Chapter membership expires on June 30 each year.
- Registration forms and payments submitted July 1–June 30 will be applied to the current school year.
- Student membership dues of $3 are required for every student in your chapter each year they are a member of NAHS/NJAHS.
- Please register your chapter for the current school year prior to submitting an order for NAHS/NJAHS chapter merchandise/resources.
- Allow up to 4 weeks for processing and shipping of your NAHS/NJAHS order.
- The deadline to place a resource order using an official school purchase order is March 31. POs accepted for orders of $150 or more.
An all-inclusive world of supplies to nurture the creative spirit of artists of all ages and skill levels. Features supplies and teaching materials for art history, sculpture, drawing, painting, tile work, leather crafts, ceramics, metal enameling, jewelry making, weaving, woodcraft, stained glass, and many other crafts.Learn more about Nasco